One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A bone cell, formed when an osteoblast becomes embedded in the matrix it has secreted.
- ‘Satellite cells are a type of adult stem cells that can become myocytes, adipocytes or osteocytes.’
- ‘Strain detection in the skeleton is thought to be effected by bone-lining cells and osteocytes embedded within the bone matrix.’
- ‘This communication network serves for transport of nutrients, waste products, and signaling molecules from the vascular system to the osteocytes and vice versa.’
- ‘Building new bone is in part a problem of balance: regulating osteocytes, that add bone, and osteoclasts, that break it down.’
- ‘These cells, the osteocytes, have long extensions which pass down an interlocking network of canaliculi in the bone.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.