One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A cell that secretes the matrix for bone formation.
- ‘In animals, statins increased the number of osteoblasts and new bone formation.’
- ‘Finally, there is a zone in which the cartilage cells die and are replaced by bone laid down by osteoblasts.’
- ‘Excessive alcohol intake inhibits bone formation, possibly by a direct toxic effect on osteoblasts.’
- ‘Fluoride increases bone formation by stimulating osteoblasts and increasing cancellous bone formation in patients with osteoporosis.’
- ‘Additionally, vitamin D helps osteoblasts incorporate minerals into bone.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.