Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Degeneration of joint cartilage and the underlying bone, most common from middle age onward. It causes pain and stiffness, especially in the hip, knee, and thumb joints.Compare with rheumatoid arthritis
- ‘Knee osteoarthritis is a common but often difficult problem to manage in primary care.’
- ‘Both of these regimens have been clearly shown to improve pain and disability in osteoarthritis of the knee.’
- ‘But they do know that osteoarthritis is more common as you get older or if you are very overweight.’
- ‘A worn joint due to osteoarthritis often causes pain in the groin area.’
- ‘Some time later I was asked to see a nun who had mild rheumatoid arthritis and well advanced osteoarthritis of both hips.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.