One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Degeneration of joint cartilage and the underlying bone, most common from middle age onward. It causes pain and stiffness, especially in the hip, knee, and thumb joints.Compare with rheumatoid arthritis
- ‘A worn joint due to osteoarthritis often causes pain in the groin area.’
- ‘Both of these regimens have been clearly shown to improve pain and disability in osteoarthritis of the knee.’
- ‘Some time later I was asked to see a nun who had mild rheumatoid arthritis and well advanced osteoarthritis of both hips.’
- ‘But they do know that osteoarthritis is more common as you get older or if you are very overweight.’
- ‘Knee osteoarthritis is a common but often difficult problem to manage in primary care.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.