Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Degeneration of joint cartilage and the underlying bone, most common from middle age onward. It causes pain and stiffness, especially in the hip, knee, and thumb joints.Compare with rheumatoid arthritis
- ‘Both of these regimens have been clearly shown to improve pain and disability in osteoarthritis of the knee.’
- ‘Knee osteoarthritis is a common but often difficult problem to manage in primary care.’
- ‘Some time later I was asked to see a nun who had mild rheumatoid arthritis and well advanced osteoarthritis of both hips.’
- ‘A worn joint due to osteoarthritis often causes pain in the groin area.’
- ‘But they do know that osteoarthritis is more common as you get older or if you are very overweight.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.