One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The maintenance of constant osmotic pressure in the fluids of an organism by the control of water and salt concentrations.
- ‘Individual cells can prevent water rushing into them by osmoregulation.’
- ‘To understand osmoregulation of organisms in the real world, then, we must remember that organisms are more than bags of interesting molecules or vehicles for sets of genes.’
- ‘Sugars are proposed to stabilize membranes, protect proteins, and contribute to cellular osmoregulation during stress.’
- ‘Several studies have confirmed the importance of this channel for osmoregulation of the bacterial cell.’
- ‘In spite of these facts, little is known about the ionic mechanisms of osmoregulation in higher plant cells, and the data are controversial at times.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.