An instrument for demonstrating or measuring osmotic pressure.
- ‘The value of the solution dripping out of the segments was measured periodically with the osmometer.’
- ‘The concentration of the samples exceeded the capacity of the osmometer and therefore were diluted with distilled water (1: 1 or 1: 2 urine: water depending on concentration of sample) prior to the measurement.’
- ‘To obtain a direct measurement of the osmolality, 50 randomly selected samples were analyzed with an osmometer.’
- ‘Osmotic potential was determined on the same leaf with a vapour pressure osmometer, after samples were frozen and thawed.’
- ‘Individual cell osmotic pressure is measured using a picolitre osmometer.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.