One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An instrument for demonstrating or measuring osmotic pressure.
- ‘Individual cell osmotic pressure is measured using a picolitre osmometer.’
- ‘The concentration of the samples exceeded the capacity of the osmometer and therefore were diluted with distilled water (1: 1 or 1: 2 urine: water depending on concentration of sample) prior to the measurement.’
- ‘To obtain a direct measurement of the osmolality, 50 randomly selected samples were analyzed with an osmometer.’
- ‘Osmotic potential was determined on the same leaf with a vapour pressure osmometer, after samples were frozen and thawed.’
- ‘The value of the solution dripping out of the segments was measured periodically with the osmometer.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.