One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A device for generating oscillatory electric currents or voltages by nonmechanical means.
- ‘The test circuit is provided with a feedback path so that the test circuit and feedback path together form a free-running oscillator.’
- ‘Ac power is converted to a high-voltage Dc current, which an oscillator or resonator outputs as an alternating current.’
- ‘Digital phase locked loop with a digital voltage controlled oscillator in a recording information reproducing apparatus’
- ‘The pure tone of a tuning-fork and some notes from a flute come close, and electrical oscillators can generate a single frequency.’
- ‘We used an electromechanical oscillator to apply a known vertical oscillation to the rover antenna.’
- ‘Internal voltage generation circuit having ring oscillator whose frequency changes inversely with power supply voltage’
- ‘Lieber, Ham and colleagues used their technique to produce nanowire-based logical inverters and ring oscillators, which are inverters in series.’
- ‘A synthetic circuit that was designed to be an oscillator was shown to convert into a bistable switch when one of the interactions was removed.’
- ‘Coupler used to fabricate add-drop devices, dispersion compensators, amplifiers, oscillators, superluminescent devices, and communications systems’
- ‘CTS has launched a line of miniature mount, voltage-controlled crystal oscillators that show clean, low jitter properties.’
- ‘One big use of capacitors is to team them up with inductors to create oscillators.’
- ‘The amplitude gain is determined by the detected photocurrent, which is used to modulate the amplitude of the local oscillator.’
- ‘Each coil of wire is connected to an oscillator that produces pulses of current.’
- ‘In this type of amplifier, the output from the oscillator passes once through a gain medium that is pumped optically or electrically.’
- ‘We model the filtering characteristic of the electrical oscillator by a Lorentzian transmission function’
- ‘The field of electronic components spans many types of products, from diodes to EMI and RFI shielding devices to crystals and oscillators.’
- ‘Low-power voltage controlled oscillators in 90 nm CMOS using high-quality thin-film post-processed inductors’
- ‘Passive components are capacitors, resistors, connectors, filters, inductors, and oscillators.’
- ‘Additionally, POLARIS reduces total component count by integrating voltage control oscillators and loop filters.’
- ‘Mass-produced quartz crystal oscillators are found in virtually every piece of electronic equipment, from wristwatches to GPS receivers.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.