One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A person who has won an Academy Award.‘it was a pleasure to see those two Oscar winners work together’
- ‘The Oscar winner for "The Miracle Worker" (1962) had an inauspicious start in movies in the 1950s where she was a starlet at 20th Century-Fox.’
- ‘A word of advice to future Oscar winners: Don't begin Oscar day by going to church.’
- ‘She was in good company, sharing the screen with another future Oscar winner: Lee Marvin.’
- ‘But fret not Tarantino fans, as the Oscar winner did indicate that he might be down, but he's certainly not out.’
- ‘The two-time Oscar winner had been a nuisance to every police jurisdiction in Los Angeles County.’
- ‘His father abandoned his mother (Oscar winner Rita Moreno) and four siblings at a young age.’
- ‘Susan Sarandon, Oscar winner for Dead Man Walking, needs no introduction.’
- ‘Anna Paquin is an Oscar winner, and her role was originally written to be more substantial than what ended up in the final cut.’
- ‘However, During World War II, Oscar winners were presented with statues made from plaster instead of gold, in public recognition of the war effort.’
- ‘During his successful career in Hollywood, the 52-year-old Oscar winner has developed some pretty solid relationships with an impressive group of stars.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.