One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Relating to or caused by an upright posture.
- ‘Many of the neurogenic etiologies of orthostatic hypotension are difficult to diagnose and treat, and neurologic consultation may be necessary.’
- ‘A high prevalence of autonomic dysfunction, manifest as orthostatic hypotension and cardioinhibitory carotid sinus hypersensitivity has been shown in older people with dementia.’
- ‘On admission, the patient appeared cachectic and had orthostatic hypotension and tachycardia.’
- ‘Patients with this condition are unable to compensate for the acute decrease in venous return that occurs with upright position, causing orthostatic hypotension.’
- ‘Possible side effects include hypovolemia, orthostatic hypotension, and urinary loss of potassium and magnesium.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.