Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Relating to or caused by an upright posture.
- ‘Many of the neurogenic etiologies of orthostatic hypotension are difficult to diagnose and treat, and neurologic consultation may be necessary.’
- ‘Possible side effects include hypovolemia, orthostatic hypotension, and urinary loss of potassium and magnesium.’
- ‘On admission, the patient appeared cachectic and had orthostatic hypotension and tachycardia.’
- ‘Patients with this condition are unable to compensate for the acute decrease in venous return that occurs with upright position, causing orthostatic hypotension.’
- ‘A high prevalence of autonomic dysfunction, manifest as orthostatic hypotension and cardioinhibitory carotid sinus hypersensitivity has been shown in older people with dementia.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.