One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Relating to or caused by an upright posture.
- ‘On admission, the patient appeared cachectic and had orthostatic hypotension and tachycardia.’
- ‘A high prevalence of autonomic dysfunction, manifest as orthostatic hypotension and cardioinhibitory carotid sinus hypersensitivity has been shown in older people with dementia.’
- ‘Patients with this condition are unable to compensate for the acute decrease in venous return that occurs with upright position, causing orthostatic hypotension.’
- ‘Possible side effects include hypovolemia, orthostatic hypotension, and urinary loss of potassium and magnesium.’
- ‘Many of the neurogenic etiologies of orthostatic hypotension are difficult to diagnose and treat, and neurologic consultation may be necessary.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.