One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Of or denoting a crystal system or three-dimensional geometric arrangement having three unequal axes at right angles.
solid, concrete, having depth, sculptural, roundedView synonyms
- ‘However, at higher COHbA concentration, long orthorhombic crystals formed after 22 h of incubation.’
- ‘These are, in order of decreasing symmetry, the cubic, hexagonal, tetragonal, trigonal, orthorhombic, monoclinic, and triclinic systems.’
- ‘The pole figure patterns have an axial symmetrical to slightly orthorhombic shape and suggest predominantly flattening fabrics.’
- ‘Cordierite, [Mg.sub.2] [Al.sub.4] [Si.sub.5] [O.sub.18], crystallizes in the orthorhombic crystal system.’
- ‘In the lamello-columnar phase obtained at low salt concentration, NCPs order into either a two-dimensional columnar hexagonal phase or into three-dimensional orthorhombic (quasi-hexagonal) crystals.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.