One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Of or denoting a crystal system or three-dimensional geometric arrangement having three unequal axes at right angles.
solid, concrete, having depth, sculptural, roundedView synonyms
- ‘These are, in order of decreasing symmetry, the cubic, hexagonal, tetragonal, trigonal, orthorhombic, monoclinic, and triclinic systems.’
- ‘Cordierite, [Mg.sub.2] [Al.sub.4] [Si.sub.5] [O.sub.18], crystallizes in the orthorhombic crystal system.’
- ‘In the lamello-columnar phase obtained at low salt concentration, NCPs order into either a two-dimensional columnar hexagonal phase or into three-dimensional orthorhombic (quasi-hexagonal) crystals.’
- ‘However, at higher COHbA concentration, long orthorhombic crystals formed after 22 h of incubation.’
- ‘The pole figure patterns have an axial symmetrical to slightly orthorhombic shape and suggest predominantly flattening fabrics.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.