Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A mineral of the pyroxene group crystallizing in the orthorhombic system.
- ‘The pegmatite is composed of microcline, plagioclase and quartz with minor amounts of clinopyroxene, orthopyroxene, ilmenite and zircon.’
- ‘Other common minor constituents of eclogite include kyanite, orthopyroxene, rutile, amphibole, pyrite, and white mica.’
- ‘Some edenitic hornblende crystals contain cores of orthopyroxene.’
- ‘The latter form by dehydration melting at less than 10-12 kbar leaving a residue of augite, orthopyroxene, plagioclase and varying amounts of amphibole.’
- ‘The sample is a weakly foliated granulite formed of plagioclase, orthopyroxene, clinopyroxene and minor hornblende.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.