One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘So ideally, for children to go through the early child health clinics, involving family doctors orthoptists, nurses, to make the screening available.’
- ‘Amblyopia is treated by an eye specialist and an orthoptist (a specialist in childhood eye problems).’
- ‘In the future, the government plans that a sight test should be given by an orthoptist (a specialist in vision and eye abnormalities) between the ages of 4 and 5 years.’
- ‘As well as optics and refraction it includes anatomy, physiology, neurology, and child development, ensuring that orthoptists are particularly suited to examine vision in very young children.’
- ‘Children in the intensive-screening group received age-appropriate visual testing and assessment by an orthoptist at eight, 12, 18, 25, 31, and 37 months of age.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.