One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Relating to the branch of medicine dealing with the correction of deformities of bones or muscles.‘an orthopedic surgeon’‘he wore a heavy orthopedic shoe on his right foot’
- ‘Knee repair is the most common orthopedic procedure our canine companions undergo.’
- ‘Later on, he had an orthopaedic bed set up in the cinema, so he could watch propped up on pillows.’
- ‘My advice is to see an orthopedic foot specialist.’
- ‘The plan was to train as a pilot and earn enough money to study orthopaedic surgery in England.’
- ‘Remember that your pet's ability to exercise will be influenced by any concurrent health or orthopedic problems.’
- ‘He is still consumed by the mystery of his disappearing swivelly orthopaedic chair.’
- ‘Cardiological equipment, surgical and orthopaedic instruments, respiratory equipment, and diagnostic apparatus are among the primary imports.’
- ‘This is a secondary resource tool that could be useful for musicians and actors who need to find help and treatment for orthopedic and eating disorders.’
- ‘Lynskey is now head of Taranaki Health's orthopaedic team.’
- ‘It develops and manufactures a wide range of reconstructive orthopaedic devices and floated at 111p during May 2002.’
- ‘The specialist in orthopaedic products confirmed in December that underlying sales growth should be around 10% for the full year.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.