One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
1A method of projection in which an object is depicted or a surface mapped using parallel lines to project its shape onto a plane.
- ‘Orthographic projection is a form of projection that is sometimes used in 3D graphics to represent 3D objects on a 2D surface.’
- ‘The method used is orthographic projection to generate front view and top view of this cone.’
- ‘The Necker cube, i.e. a cube drawn in orthographic projection, lacks perspective clues, so that the eye has a difficulty choosing one possible interpretation at the expense of the other.’
- ‘House plans - one well known drawing format, are a form of orthographic projection.’
- ‘These techniques were generalised into a system called géométrie descriptive, which is now known as orthographic projection, the graphical method used in modern mechanical drawing.’
- 1.1 A drawing or map made using orthographic projection.
- ‘You are limited to creating automatic orthographic views off the base view only and must create auxiliary views to get orthographic projections of any other view.’
- ‘Traditional efforts to overcome these difficulties have centered on the construction of physical models and the drawing of 2D orthographic projections and 3D perspectives.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.