One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The estimates in Figure 7 show, for example, that the estimated probability of orphanhood for a twenty-year old child in 1900 was 0.0.37, meaning that slightly fewer than four percent of twenty-year-olds were orphans.’
- ‘During the Long First Half of the Twentieth Century, one of the most important factors in the rising age of home-leaving was declining adult mortality, which led to declining rates of orphanhood.’
- ‘Ill health can also be an important cause of poverty through loss of income, catastrophic health expenses, and orphanhood.’
- ‘In some wars, family reunion is an urgent priority: through the use of tracing schemes the mass orphanhood in Mozambique has been largely absorbed by extended families and members of former communities or tribal groups.’
- ‘From boyhood, he learned to keep his feelings to himself, repressing memories of his father and of the emotional impact of early orphanhood.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.