One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘It is suggested that the emplacement of most post-tectonic plutons of this part of the Variscan orogenic belt may have been controlled by the late extensional collapse of the Iberian Massif.’
- ‘The Uralide orogen differs from other Palaeozoic orogenic belts in that it has a crustal root, which appears to be absent in the Caledonide, Variscide and Appalachian orogens.’
- ‘Previous work that indicates Late Cretaceous Palaeogene orogenic activity is presented first.’
- ‘Recent studies of Proterozoic orogenic belts have shown that they may be underlain, at mid to lower crustal levels, by keels of Archaean crust.’
- ‘This event is also associated with production of late orogenic granite magma.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.