One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A person who creates or initiates something.‘Wegener was the originator of the theory of continental drift’
inventor, creator, architect, author, prime mover, father, mother, maker, initiator, innovator, founder, pioneer, mastermind, discoverer, establisher, developer, designerView synonyms
- ‘One of the most useful tools for looking at a belief system is to look at the founder or originator.’
- ‘However, as pointed out by the originators of motivational interviewing, giving advice is rarely effective in changing selfcare practices.’
- ‘Like Peter, he has assimilated hip-hop culture to the extent that he now talks and dresses like the mainly American originators of the culture he strives to emulate.’
- ‘The originators of these information products are solely responsible for their content.’
- ‘If Edison was the originator of the fiction film, they were the fathers of documentary.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.