One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The beginning or creation of something.‘there are a number of theories on the origination of the name’‘mortgage loan originations were up 15 percent’
- ‘Paying attention to our external and internal feelings can help us realize their origination, development and decline.’
- ‘Well, there's a 2 percent mortgage insurance premium, and a 2 percent origination fee.’
- ‘However, please note that India has become a global leader in digital origination.’
- ‘First and last occurrences of fossils seldom record the actual times of origination and extinction.’
- ‘As Buddhists are fond of saying, there is no independent origination - all things are dependent on other things.’
- ‘Where once spams used false origination addresses (spoofing) to fool spam filters they are now using the same trick to fool users with phishing scams.’
- ‘The pathways along the branches reflect the precise history of cell originations.’
- ‘The company specialises in information architecture, database origination and integration, systems analysis and interface design.’
- ‘Gene duplications underlie the diversification of genes and the origination of novel gene functions.’
- ‘Subprime originations jumped 42 % to $729 million.’
- ‘The steep decline in mortgage originations reflected neither weakness in the housing market nor slackening demand from the secondary market.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.