One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A structured system of faith or worship, especially one followed by a large number of people, such as Christianity, Islam, or Judaism.‘governments held the view that state authority benefited from the support of organized religion’‘he believed in God but he had no interest in joining an organized religion’‘the emergence of organized religions’
- ‘The major organized religion in Bulgaria is Eastern Orthodox Christianity.’
- ‘Marriage practices vary throughout Togo according to the ethnic group, though organized religions and the State have altered the ceremonies of even the most secluded villages.’
- ‘Because I'm not attached to any organized religion, the idea of marriage isn't particularly important to me.’
- ‘The unspoken assumption is that personal morality stems solely from the dogma of organized religion.’
- ‘I was raised to be highly suspicious of any organized religion.’
- ‘In online interviews, some point to a feeling of alienation from mainstream organized religion.’
- ‘They are not joining political parties, labor unions, organized religions, or professional organizations.’
- ‘I find his defiance of organized religion thought-provoking and inspiring.’
- ‘Unlike today, most organized religions reported on in 1983 were reluctant to embrace gay people.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.