A street musician who plays a barrel organ.
- ‘The melodies are recommended to street organ-grinders, if any still exist.’
- ‘The funhouse atmosphere will also include loonie hotdogs, free popcorn, face-painting, buskers, an organ-grinder, and roving improv performers.’
- ‘Charles Dickens, among others, got organ-grinders banned from the streets of London once upon a time.’
- ‘I remember with a peculiar vividness an organ-grinder who came around with a monkey, and the accuracy with which the monkey could catch a ball.’
- ‘New trades and entertainments became dependent on resourceful immigrants from poorer countries: in the early 19th century, Italian organ-grinders multiplied through London, with their monkeys.’