- British term for common stock
- ‘His holding is now 425,879 ordinary shares and 623,334 share options.’
- ‘Last week multinational software company SAP, which is based in Germany, announced that it is converting its preference shares into ordinary shares in order to boost liquidity.’
- ‘Payment will be made to the holders of ordinary shares in the company at the close of business on 15 October 2004.’
- ‘According to Netinvest's website, it holds 1.36 million loan notes in Voxpilot, almost 600,000 ordinary shares and 100 preference shares.’
- ‘The company retained an after-tax surplus in 2002 of €1,659,135, following dividends paid on ordinary shares.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.