One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Commands must be obeyed, however much one may disagree with them.
- ‘But orders are orders, I'm sure after so many years, you understand.’
- ‘I don't see the point, it's not like the grass is gonna grow much in this weather, but orders are orders.’
- ‘It's a shame that such beauty has to be wasted, but orders are orders.’
- ‘I'm really sorry about this but orders are orders,’ Tommy said with a slight smile.’
- ‘But orders are orders, and it was a matter of honor.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.