One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The room used for regimental or company business.
- ‘Corporal Adrian Porter helps Corporal Ben Wright with some administrative matters in the orderly room.’
- ‘The squadron orderly room and operations buildings were in the squadron area as was the mess hall and ablutionary - all walking distance from the flight line.’
- ‘The lumber was needed at Istres to build barracks, mess hall, orderly rooms, latrines, clinic, headquarters, and officer and enlisted clubs.’
- ‘Brochures and donation forms should be available at all unit orderly rooms and Corporate Support shopfronts.’
- ‘He was told to report to the orderly room one day.’
orderly room/ˈôrdərlē ro͞om/
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.