Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The room used for regimental or company business.
- ‘Corporal Adrian Porter helps Corporal Ben Wright with some administrative matters in the orderly room.’
- ‘The squadron orderly room and operations buildings were in the squadron area as was the mess hall and ablutionary - all walking distance from the flight line.’
- ‘He was told to report to the orderly room one day.’
- ‘Brochures and donation forms should be available at all unit orderly rooms and Corporate Support shopfronts.’
- ‘The lumber was needed at Istres to build barracks, mess hall, orderly rooms, latrines, clinic, headquarters, and officer and enlisted clubs.’
orderly room/ˈôrdərlē ro͝om//ˈôrdərlē ro͞om/
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.