One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The units, formations, and equipment of a military force.
- ‘The purpose is to obtain information regarding an adversary's order of battle, capabilities, plans, attitudes, and intentions.’
- ‘In September 1943 she filed a stunningly accurate report on the German missile order of battle.’
- ‘They knew when it would occur and what the German order of battle would be.’
- ‘Few old county infantry regiments remain in the British Army order of battle, but the Duke of Wellington's Regiment is proudly celebrating that very status after 300 years.’
- ‘Perhaps ULTRA's greatest contribution to victory in the west was its cumulative accretion of details about the German order of battle.’
- ‘This is the Navy's premier means of maintaining their electronic order of battle.’
- ‘American historians were disputing basic issues, such as the enemy order of battle, decades after the conflict came to an end.’
- ‘Scobell is credited with providing valuable intelligence on Confederate order of battle, status of supplies, and troop morale and movements.’
- ‘Although originally set up to resolve problems arising from the interaction of the forces involved, the missions quickly adopted an intelligence collection objective - mainly to report on order of battle.’
- ‘Intelligence on both the Turkish order of battle and on the topography of Gallipoli was all but non-existent.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.