One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The units, formations, and equipment of a military force.
- ‘Intelligence on both the Turkish order of battle and on the topography of Gallipoli was all but non-existent.’
- ‘The purpose is to obtain information regarding an adversary's order of battle, capabilities, plans, attitudes, and intentions.’
- ‘Scobell is credited with providing valuable intelligence on Confederate order of battle, status of supplies, and troop morale and movements.’
- ‘Perhaps ULTRA's greatest contribution to victory in the west was its cumulative accretion of details about the German order of battle.’
- ‘In September 1943 she filed a stunningly accurate report on the German missile order of battle.’
- ‘Few old county infantry regiments remain in the British Army order of battle, but the Duke of Wellington's Regiment is proudly celebrating that very status after 300 years.’
- ‘They knew when it would occur and what the German order of battle would be.’
- ‘This is the Navy's premier means of maintaining their electronic order of battle.’
- ‘Although originally set up to resolve problems arising from the interaction of the forces involved, the missions quickly adopted an intelligence collection objective - mainly to report on order of battle.’
- ‘American historians were disputing basic issues, such as the enemy order of battle, decades after the conflict came to an end.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.