The area of the cerebral cortex located at the base of the frontal lobes above the orbits (or eye sockets), involved especially in social and emotional behavior.
- ‘The forebrain specifically the orbitofrontal cortex, which uses associative information to envision future outcomes can be significantly damaged by binge drinking.’
- ‘The orbitofrontal cortex is the part of the brain associated with compulsive behaviors.’
- ‘In Williams Syndrome, this fragile system was significantly abnormal, particularly the orbitofrontal cortex.’
- ‘Disruption of the metabolism of the orbitofrontal cortex may contribute to compulsive drug intake in addicted individuals.’
- ‘Without the presence of medial orbitofrontal cortex, we wouldn't have been predisposed to like babies.’