One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A small group of orange trees growing together.‘the farm is surrounded by orange groves’
- ‘They abandoned the orange grove and the greens at the town's western edge.’
- ‘The hotel is built around a lovely garden overlooking orange groves.’
- ‘Farmers slowly drive mules along the orange groves.’
- ‘My sister and her entire family have just put deposits on homes near Seville in a village peppered with orange groves where life purrs along.’
- ‘Their tiny lanes and byways are hidden from view among the olive trees above and the orange groves below.’
- ‘Florida used to be known as the State of sunshine, orange groves, pelicans, and sandy beaches.’
- ‘Most of the orange groves are still there, although they aren't maintained as part of a working farm any more.’
- ‘In warm weather, one eats outside in an orange grove with views over rustic villas.’
- ‘The landscape provides a stark contrast to the more popular south, boasting lush green vegetation, orange groves, and vineyards.’
- ‘There are physical limits on how quickly orange groves can be developed.’
- ‘Many families cooked home meals and took them to the orange groves to feed the worker families.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.