One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A person who practices optometry.
- ‘A dispensing optician, she was accompanied by six optometrists for a fortnight, in Pune, in India.’
- ‘We also ran a popular vision screening with an on-site optometrist who distributed donated eyeglasses that students had collected.’
- ‘He recommended buying sunglasses from reputable opticians with in-house optometrists, where a simple UV test can be performed.’
- ‘Any deviations from acceptable performance require further examination by an optometrist or an ophthalmologist.’
- ‘A simple way your optometrist or ophthalmologist can correct this is with reading glasses.’
- ‘We would also be willing to direct you to amply qualified optometrists, psychiatrists and educational institutions.’
- ‘In Britain, there are two types of opticians - optometrists and dispensing opticians.’
- ‘While the nutritional component of eye care is slowly catching on among traditional optometrists and ophthalmologists, other natural treatments have not been as popular.’
- ‘Pennsylvania College's program will be based on a strong biomedical curriculum, similar to programs for physicians, dentists and optometrists.’
- ‘Your optometrist may refer you to an ophthalmologist for more complex eye problems, for special procedures and for conditions requiring surgery.’
- ‘Last time I checked there were no surgeons or optometrists at Starbucks.’
- ‘The development could take a couple of years, but they had submitted a timetable for improvement, and had involved local GPs, opticians and optometrists in the planning.’
- ‘Co-management involves other ophthalmologists or optometrists who see you first and then refer you for surgery.’
- ‘If glaucoma is suspected or if the patient is at high risk for developing glaucoma, referral to an optometrist or an ophthalmologist for further evaluation is essential.’
- ‘Now, there are only 5,000 optometrists, 15,000 ophthalmic surgeons and 25,000 opticians.’
- ‘Many Americans regularly see their dentists, physicians and optometrists.’
- ‘This exam is generally administered by either an optometrist or an ophthalmologist.’
- ‘I've been sleeping with my contact lenses in but the optometrist told me that I should be taking them out every night.’
- ‘An optometrist can do these during a sight test.’
- ‘The scope of optometric practice expanded in the 1970s as some states authorized optometrists to treat certain eye diseases with pharmaceuticals.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.