One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The degree to which a refractive medium retards transmitted rays of light.
- ‘Cultures were grown to an optical density of 1.0 in rich medium containing 2% dextrose.’
- ‘For each sample, the optical densities were plotted as a function of volume loaded.’
- ‘The physical density is changed, but is the optical density changed as well?’
- ‘The second method comprised measuring optical densities of bacterial cultures.’
- ‘The antioxidant potential of serum was calculated by the decrease in the optical density during the first minute.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.