One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The identification of printed characters using photoelectric devices and computer software.
- ‘They are also at the heart of practical technologies, such as optical character recognition and speech recognition.’
- ‘We had been in contact since my early experiments with optical character recognition in the early 90's.’
- ‘I'm no expert on optical character recognition, but it I'm sure that every little visual cue that distinguishes one character from another, helps in improving accuracy and processing speed.’
- ‘The relevant software such as text-retrieval systems or optical character recognition could be used to do the necessary transformation and processing.’
- ‘The machine-readable passports, which now have a standardized presentation worldwide, are being printed in a manner suitable for optical character recognition.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.