A straight rigid bar, typically marked with a scale, to which lenses, light sources, and other optical components can be attached.
- ‘Other materials such as lithium niobate are better suited to this application and should be considered as a candidate for hybrid integration onto a polymer optical bench.’
- ‘Ultrafast laser systems now sat comfortably on an optical bench.’
- ‘Unpolarized light stimuli were delivered from a double beam optical bench.’
- ‘This is a computer-controlled instrument containing an infrared optical bench and an electrochemical sensor.’
- ‘The high power beam passes through the fine beam control system mounted on an optical bench.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.