The pathway between the optic chiasma and the brain.
- ‘The nerve fibres in the optic tract terminate in two main areas of the brain.’
- ‘The medial part of the lateral geniculate body is commonly confused with the medial root of the optic tract.’
- ‘For example, the optic tract between the medulla and the lobula complex may project directly toward the brain instead.’
- ‘Originally they thought it was near the thalamus, but now they think it could be close to the optic tract.’
- ‘For targets close to the optic tract light-evoked fiber discharges are identified by listening for alterations in neuronal discharges that coincide with a light stimulus.’