Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Each of the second pair of cranial nerves, transmitting impulses to the brain from the retina at the back of the eye.
- ‘The most studied topographical projection is that of the optic nerve from the retina into the brain.’
- ‘Elevated eye pressure can damage the optic nerve; a healthy optic nerve is necessary for good vision.’
- ‘Look at the optic nerve that connects the retina of your eye to the visual cortex of your brain.’
- ‘Pressure in the eye builds up and damages the optic nerve and nerve fibres of the retina, leading to glaucoma.’
- ‘Information that is focused on the retina is then transmitted down the nerve, called the optic nerve, and arrives at the brain.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.