One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A lobe in the midbrain from which the optic nerve partly arises.
- ‘Information from these receptors is processed in the optic lobes of the brain.’
- ‘Archaeopteryx even had large optic lobes to process the visual input needed for flying.’
- ‘Their optic lobes are enlarged compared to dinosaurs found closer to the Equator, which would enable them to see better in the dark.’
- ‘Eye discs were then separated from the optic lobe and mounted in 80% glycerol.’
- ‘The effects of light are apparently mediated by the eyes, which are attached directly to the brain via the optic lobe.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.