Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The raised disk on the retina at the point of entry of the optic nerve, lacking visual receptors and so creating a blind spot.
- ‘The tumor did not involve the optic disc or nerve.’
- ‘The optic disk is where all of the nerve fibers come together at the back of the eye.’
- ‘The optic disc marks the exit point of the retinal nerve fibres from the eye.’
- ‘Symptoms include floaters and blurred vision caused by swelling of the optic disc and macular edema.’
- ‘Visual acuities should be measured and the optic discs examined.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.