The raised disk on the retina at the point of entry of the optic nerve, lacking visual receptors and so creating a blind spot.
- ‘The tumor did not involve the optic disc or nerve.’
- ‘The optic disk is where all of the nerve fibers come together at the back of the eye.’
- ‘The optic disc marks the exit point of the retinal nerve fibres from the eye.’
- ‘Symptoms include floaters and blurred vision caused by swelling of the optic disc and macular edema.’
- ‘Visual acuities should be measured and the optic discs examined.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.