One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A cuplike outgrowth of the brain of an embryo that develops into the retina.
- ‘The neural retina of zebrafish, as in other vertebrates, arises from cells that line the optic cup.’
- ‘Cell division also occurs at the distal margin of the optic cup, a region known as the ciliary marginal zone.’
- ‘The first transplantation experiments were carried out reciprocally between surface fish and Pachon cavefish: a surface fish lens was transplanted into a cavefish optic cup and vice versa.’
- ‘However, the cavefish eye seems to develop normally up to about the hatching stage, forming a lens and optic cup.’
- ‘Next, the lens placode buds into the space within the optic cup to form the embryonic lens.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.