One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- another term for optical axis
- ‘Assume we have a thin section with a grain oriented so that we are looking down an optic axis.’
- ‘Even if the objects are located along the optic axis, the three images will be separated and are available for separate inspection.’
- ‘However, this surface enhancement with a focused beam only occurs from surfaces perpendicular to the optic axis and would not explain the appearance of the axially oriented surfaces evident in both figures.’
- ‘Crystals of the calcareous cyst wall layer are orientated with their crystallographic optic axis (c-axis) tangential to the cyst's surface.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.