Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- another term for optical axis
- ‘Crystals of the calcareous cyst wall layer are orientated with their crystallographic optic axis (c-axis) tangential to the cyst's surface.’
- ‘However, this surface enhancement with a focused beam only occurs from surfaces perpendicular to the optic axis and would not explain the appearance of the axially oriented surfaces evident in both figures.’
- ‘Even if the objects are located along the optic axis, the three images will be separated and are available for separate inspection.’
- ‘Assume we have a thin section with a grain oriented so that we are looking down an optic axis.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.