One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The energy of attraction between oppositely charged particles is inversely proportional to the distance between them.’
- ‘When the train turned toward the left or right, the compass naturally turned oppositely.’
- ‘Recall from basic chemistry that pH is a measure of how many hydrogen ions are floating around looking to attract oppositely charged particles.’
- ‘On the other hand, human nature being what it is, some employers have reacted oppositely to the first group - although their response, too, was probably not an intended consequence of the rule.’
- ‘These ancient atomists theorized that the two fundamental and oppositely characterized constituents of the natural world are indivisible bodies - atoms - and void.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.