One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘When the train turned toward the left or right, the compass naturally turned oppositely.’
- ‘These ancient atomists theorized that the two fundamental and oppositely characterized constituents of the natural world are indivisible bodies - atoms - and void.’
- ‘On the other hand, human nature being what it is, some employers have reacted oppositely to the first group - although their response, too, was probably not an intended consequence of the rule.’
- ‘Recall from basic chemistry that pH is a measure of how many hydrogen ions are floating around looking to attract oppositely charged particles.’
- ‘The energy of attraction between oppositely charged particles is inversely proportional to the distance between them.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.