One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Women in relation to men or vice versa.
- ‘In fact, 80 percent of men and women say that people of the opposite sex focus on the wrong issues.’
- ‘Being attracted to someone of the opposite sex is not something a person particularly chooses.’
- ‘If I remember right, that's one of the ways, a girl forms a relationship with the opposite sex.’
- ‘Thinking about the opposite sex is just not what people expected her to do.’
- ‘I was socially retarded and put my every effort into educating myself about the opposite sex.’
- ‘We just spend our lives trying to figure out why the opposite sex does what they do.’
- ‘Still, it's true that lots of girls get all dolled up so they'll be attractive to the opposite sex.’
- ‘This is a message to all men out there that have been trying to figure out the opposite sex.’
- ‘He had become very adept at avoiding romantic relationships with members of the opposite sex.’
- ‘Relationships with persons of the opposite sex are a delicate matter for a foreigner in Japan.’
- ‘She did, however, promise herself that she would never trust a member of the opposite sex again.’
- ‘I have never received so much attention from the opposite sex in my life, and it makes me uncomfortable.’
- ‘Hence, it is more important to change our attitude towards the opposite sex.’
- ‘Galina blushed at the compliment, as though this were the first to be bestowed upon her by the opposite sex.’
- ‘They can't help being who they are just as I can't help being attracted to the opposite sex.’
- ‘He is light and carefree and though he cares about the opposite sex he doesn't attach himself very well.’
- ‘Does film give boys and girls the wrong ideas about relations with the opposite sex?’
- ‘I certainly enjoy more appreciative glances from the opposite sex than I have before.’
- ‘This has implications for their relationships with the opposite sex later on.’
- ‘A lot of them are also just not interested in the opposite sex at that age.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.