One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The loss of potential gain from other alternatives when one alternative is chosen.‘idle cash balances represent an opportunity cost in terms of lost interest’
- ‘For now, we will assume that the opportunity cost of their time is $5, which now gives them a residual of $5.’
- ‘Gold held as reserves by a Central Bank has an opportunity cost.’
- ‘On the other hand, the lower yield curve also implies a lower opportunity cost of waiting to invest, due to the lower short-term rate.’
- ‘As incomes rise and the opportunity cost of performing menial labor changes, fewer people will want to work as servants.’
- ‘That's the opportunity cost of domestically produced software.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.