Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The loss of potential gain from other alternatives when one alternative is chosen.‘idle cash balances represent an opportunity cost in terms of lost interest’
- ‘For now, we will assume that the opportunity cost of their time is $5, which now gives them a residual of $5.’
- ‘As incomes rise and the opportunity cost of performing menial labor changes, fewer people will want to work as servants.’
- ‘Gold held as reserves by a Central Bank has an opportunity cost.’
- ‘That's the opportunity cost of domestically produced software.’
- ‘On the other hand, the lower yield curve also implies a lower opportunity cost of waiting to invest, due to the lower short-term rate.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.