One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The branch of medicine concerned with the study and treatment of disorders and diseases of the eye.
- ‘The trust is also touting for more business in areas such as orthopaedics and ophthalmology.’
- ‘Most of the work will be in orthopaedics and ophthalmology - specialties with the longest waiting lists.’
- ‘Thyroid eye disease should be managed under the supervision of a specialist with particular expertise and experience of thyroid eye disease, preferably in a combined clinic for thyroidology and ophthalmology.’
- ‘He entered St Mary's Hospital Medical School in 1933 and while there won prize exams in surgery, ophthalmology, and obstetrics and gynaecology.’
- ‘He received his medical degree from the University of Miami School of Medicine and completed a residency in ophthalmology at Vanderbilt University Medical Center.’
- ‘After school at Westminster and medical training at Guy's Hospital, Peter specialised in ophthalmology, proceeding to an MD in London with research into myopia in 1960.’
- ‘Carmeda is conducting research in key sectors such as ophthalmology, orthopedics, and neurology.’
- ‘Between 1960 and 1966, he was first an instructor, then assistant professor of ophthalmology at Harvard Medical School.’
- ‘As a trainee general practitioner in ophthalmology, I spent every Monday morning in the diabetes clinic.’
- ‘After training in neurology and ophthalmology he settled on a career in neurophysiology.’
- ‘The policy aims to use overseas doctors to tackle long waiting times, focusing particularly on ophthalmology and orthopaedics.’
- ‘I regularly hold joint clinics with colleagues from overlapping specialties, such as genetics, neurology, ophthalmology, etc.’
- ‘Bristol Eye Hospital has consistently been at the forefront of innovation in ophthalmology and cataract surgery in particular.’
- ‘He is one of 10 in the world with a dual expertise in ophthalmology and paediatrics.’
- ‘So he started over, this time studying ophthalmology.’
- ‘Magic dominated Morris Young's life from childhood, even influencing his choice of ophthalmology as a medical specialty.’
- ‘Having qualified with a postgraduate degree in ophthalmology and after a spell as senior registrar in northern India, I moved back home to Bangalore in southern India.’
- ‘When he first went to Hull in 1936, he did general surgery in all the specialties except ophthalmology.’
- ‘After further study, he also took a clinical assistant post in ophthalmology at the Royal Infirmary of Edinburgh.’
- ‘He received many awards and prizes and was president of five medical societies of pathology and ophthalmology.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.