One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Operational expenditure.‘you can only cut opex so far, and most carriers are getting very close to reaching that point’as modifier ‘high opex costs’
- ‘Some people will criticize this, but the proof in the pudding will be that we will reduce our opex spending significantly.’
- ‘"The more integrated you become, the less systems you have to deal with, and the less engineers you have to deal with," he says, stressing that his evolving software-based mentality will drive down both capex and opex.’
- ‘Each evolving approach has its proponents, but the one that best proves it can decrease carriers' opex while increasing new service revenue will be the likely candidate for adoption.’
- ‘Although not as dramatic as the opex savings, NSP's analysis includes also found significant capex savings.’
- ‘The provider receives more revenue at higher profit because capex and opex are reduced through the use of more cost-effective optical Ethernet technology.’
1980s: shortened form of operational expenditure.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.