One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The author sets out to counter those who view Darwin as an enemy of Christianity and demonstrates that he espoused an operatively atheistic materialism that made him, well, an enemy of Christianity.’
- ‘Whether the players were treated operatively or nonoperatively, we found reduced performance in the functional tests and reduced muscle strength in the involved leg compared with the uninvolved leg.’
- ‘Operative treatment is usually favored because of a lower frequency of reruptures as well as a shorter period of disability and a shorter time before return to work among operatively treated patients.’
- ‘Many very low birthweight infants 316 were delivered operatively, as a reflection of either maternal indications such as uncontrolled pre-eclampsia or fetal distress after premature labour.’
- ‘The press member is operatively connected to the container body for movement of the press member between a wringing position and a non-wringing position relative to the wringing surface of the container body.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.