One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A room in a hospital specially equipped for surgical operations.
- ‘This means the surgery will be performed in an operating room so that an anesthesiologist can monitor your child.’
- ‘Medical professionals apply their expertise in doctors' offices, examining rooms, or hospital operating rooms.’
- ‘The situation is even worse for automated devices designed for use in specialised areas of hospitals, such as operating theatres and intensive care units, where accuracy should be a priority.’
- ‘Practical factors such as ensuring women deliver at times when labour wards and operating theatres are well staffed may be more important in private hospitals.’
- ‘Epidural anaesthesia could be delivered in the birthing room instead of the operating theatre, allowing the father to be present.’
- ‘The operation is performed in an operating theatre while you are lying down on your back.’
- ‘The appropriate eye protection should be available outside the laser operating room or operating theater, to allow staff to fit it before entry.’
- ‘As a result, many hospitals are converting traditional operating rooms into minimally invasive surgery or laparoscopic surgery rooms.’
- ‘Surgery is done under local anaesthetic in the operating theatre.’
- ‘Each will also be equipped with medical facilities, including two operating theatres and a hospital ward.’
- ‘These specially resourced emergency operating theatres have significantly reduced the number of out of hours operations that take place.’
- ‘Ironically, hospital wards and operating theatres provide the ideal opportunity for this.’
- ‘Modern hospital operating rooms are changing dramatically with the advent of minimally invasive surgical techniques and digital technology.’
- ‘The procedure was performed in the operating room under general anesthesia.’
- ‘This is an operating theatre in a hospital on Sydney's North Shore.’
- ‘Bone marrow collection is a surgical procedure performed in an operating room.’
- ‘The UAH plan included moving cardiac surgery to the new Alberta Heart Institute and developing a paediatric surgical suite with six operating rooms.’
- ‘C-sections usually are performed in an operating room set aside for these special surgeries.’
- ‘This is a totally mobile operating room and the operating rooms are designed to be mobile so they can move with the troops and support the troops as soon as they come off the front line.’
- ‘The Republic of Ireland's largest health board has said that operating theatres in its major hospitals are idle for almost one week in four.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.