One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Detailed information about how something should be operated.‘it's important that all operating instructions are followed’
- ‘It's one thing to read operating instructions, but to come in and actually do hands-on work makes a difference.’
- ‘The couple believed they had picked up a bargain when they saw the camera, complete with its box and operating instructions.’
- ‘When using a memory card on another device, be sure to read the operating instructions for that device.’
- ‘Though representatives were sent down to deliver a patch for the hospital's software and provide its staff with additional operating instructions, the hospital stopped using the software.’
- ‘They never do a thing without consulting the operating instructions, or a policy and procedures manual.’
- ‘A potential risk exists if the operating instructions are not followed.’
- ‘They'll fume, swear and sulk rather than admit they can't understand basic operating instructions.’
- ‘Retain the safety and operating instructions provided with the product for future reference.’
- ‘Several types are available on the market, so it's important to read the manufacturer's operating instructions.’
- ‘Operating instructions for the phones are displayed in Dutch, English, French, Japanese and Spanish.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.