One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The quantity on which an operation is to be done.
- ‘Position-specific fan effects indicate that a given operand in the left position, and the same operand in the right position, activated different numerical concepts in the diamond arithmetic memory network.’
- ‘The latter is simply an array of BPF instructions that is a sequence of numeric opcodes and operands.’
- ‘One possibility is that arithmetic activation is based on the conceptual identity of numerical operands, regardless of operand order or position.’
- ‘Retrieval time from the memorized table increases as the operands get larger.’
- ‘For example, there was no systematic numerical relationship between diamond operands and the associated answers.’
Late 19th century: from Latin operandum, neuter gerundive of operari ‘expend labor on’ (see operate).
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.