One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘His open-handedness harmed the economy: taxation (mostly in kind) rose inexorably despite the confiscation of the vast temple treasures.’
- ‘Set my wife on the right path to open-handedness.’
- ‘For here again, the emir / Federation president may see these expenditures as ways of forfending local opposition to Abu Dhabi's munificence toward the other emirates, and its open-handedness in foreign aid.’
- ‘Winder's history of immigration charts an admirable course between the Scylla of racist little Britainism and the Charybdis of utopian open-handedness.’
- ‘Such open-handedness must have war and plunder to feed it.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.