One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The number of contracts or commitments outstanding in futures and options that are trading on an official exchange at any one time.
- ‘By ‘most’ I mean the largest possible proportion of open interest.’
- ‘The gold open interest fell 901 contracts to 218, 161.’
- ‘Today, the CBOE reported total option open interest of 58.7 million contracts, an increase of 9.7 million from year-end.’
- ‘The gold open interest rose again, this time up 1549 contracts to 298, 149.’
- ‘Look at the futures open interest on December silver and it is over 74,000 contracts.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.