One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Denoting software for which the original source code is made freely available and may be redistributed and modified.
- ‘Some open-source software comes with poor documentation, just like some proprietary software.’
- ‘We accomplished this feat by using only commodity hardware and open-source software.’
- ‘If you measure the success of a code base by features, however, open-source software is the winner.’
- ‘However, the open-source software browser's security story has had to deal with some hiccups.’
- ‘When you enhance open-source software, you have to provide others with the source so they can build on it further.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.