One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The days when the markets automatically awarded premiums to politically connected but opaquely run family and state-controlled conglomerates are ending.’
- ‘They favour tiny miniskirts and opaquely opalescent tights, and have the ice-eyed look of Natashas and Laras who might at the drop of a dollar give a man more trouble than he could conceivably imagine.’
- ‘A critical aspect in the genderedness of CGI technology is the nature of the language that opaquely shapes technology: programming languages.’
- ‘The material body deposits, however obscurely, its trace in the voice - the vibration of air, the stretched muscle etc, are all opaquely present.’
- ‘‘One huge and complex episode will be omitted,’ he wrote opaquely.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.