One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
1A surgical or other operation.
- ‘It will separate planned surgery from emergency care so patients do not face cancelled ops at the 11 th hour.’
- ‘Next month, she will have been off booze and cocaine for three years and ops to rebuild her nose have been a success.’
- ‘More worrying is that they are encouraged to use national health beds and operating theaters to do private ops the next day.’
- ‘‘It varies from traumatic amputation landmine injuries, gunshot wounds, motor vehicle accidents or elective cases through to minor ops,’ he said.’
- ‘Until the double transplant ops, Laura was forced to spend nine hours every day hooked up to a dialysis machine.’
- 1.1ops Military operations.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.