One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Inflammation of an ovary; ovaritis.
- ‘The present case is consistent with other reported cases of xanthogranulomatous salpingitis and oophoritis in its presentation, history of infection, and antibiotic treatment.’
- ‘Several similar reported cases, sufficiently different histologically from xanthogranulomatous salpingitis and oophoritis, are not included in this list.’
- ‘In young men there is a 40% risk of testicular inflammation in those that contract the disease while some 5% of woman may develop oophoritis (ovarian inflammation).’
- ‘Medical statistics since 1990 show a clear growth trend in the number of illnesses of the genitourinary system (glomerular disorders, urolithiasis, salpingitis, oophoritis, etc.).’
- ‘A case of xanthogranulomatous salpingitis and oophoritis in a 47-year-old woman is presented.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.